CONTAINERTECH (A DIVISION OF ROYAL WOLF TRADING AUSTRALIA PTY LTD – ABN 38 069 244 417) – COLLECTION NOTICE AND PRIVACY CONSENTS
In this notice, a reference to:
“credit” means credit as defined in the Privacy Act, being in this case the hire or sale by Royal Wolf of goods to you or your organisation on a deferred payment basis;
“Privacy Act” means the Privacy Act, 1988 (Cwth).
Who we collect personal information from
Royal Wolf generally collects personal information about you, including your credit information or credit eligibility information, directly from you. For example, if you complete our Credit Application or Hire or Sale Agreement or if you give a personal guarantee in respect of your organisation.
Royal Wolf may also collect personal information about you, including your credit information or credit eligibility information, from third parties. For example, from any other organization with whom you have any dealings, a credit reporting body or from publicly maintained records.
Purpose of collection
In general, we collect, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To conduct our business;
- To market our services;
- To communicate with you;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To register security interests on the Personal Property Securities Register; and
- To help us manage and enhance our services.
In addition to the above, we also collect personal information, including your credit information or credit eligibility information, by way of our Credit Application for the purpose of:
- Assessing your (or your organisation’s) request for deferred payment terms;
- Contacting you so as to enable us to manage your account and to fulfil our obligations to you or your organisation;
- Interacting with you as a guarantor (if applicable) of your organisation’s obligations to us; and
- Recovering monies owing to us.
Consequences if information is not collected
If you do not provide the information requested in this form, we may not be able to assess a request for deferred payment terms, to establish an account or to increase your credit limit as the case may be. In addition, you or your organisation may not be able to participate in future offers of goods or services which we supply.
Who we usually disclose information to
Personal information submitted, including credit
Information or credit eligibility information about you, may be disclosed
by us to entities that are related to or associated with Royal Wolf, and organisations that provide us with financial services such as our financiers, information technology services, marketing and promotional services and professional advice, such as legal practitioners and accountants.
We may also disclose personal information, including credit information or credit eligibility information, to other credit providers and to credit reporting bodies, such as Dun & Bradstreet, Watson Trade Credit Pty Ltd, including where there is a payment default by you or your organisation and, if necessary, to our insurers and debt collectors.
We may also disclose personal information to any person or organisation who may be interested in buying the whole or part of our business.
What a credit reporting body may do with your information
A credit reporting body, such as Dun & Bradstreet, may include the information we disclose to it, including credit information or credit eligibility information, in reports provided to us and other credit providers to assist them to assess an individual’s credit worthiness.
If you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to consumer credit or commit a serious credit infringement, Royal Wolf may disclose this to a credit reporting body.
You may request a credit reporting body, such as Watson Trade Credit Pty Ltd, Dun & Bradstreet, not to use your credit reporting information for the purposes of pre-screening of direct marketing by a credit provider.
You may request a credit reporting body, such as Watson Trade Credit Pty Ltd, Dun & Bradstreet, not to use or disclose your credit reporting information, if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud.
Access, correction and complaints
Disclosure to overseas recipients
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate in New Zealand. We also use a few cloud based services, where personal information may be stored on servers located overseas. Otherwise, we are not likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
Who to contact?
If you have any queries about how we collect, store, use and disclose personal information, including credit information or credit eligibility information, you can contact the Royal Wolf Privacy Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Your nomination of trade referees for checking your credit history or that of your organisation will be construed as your consent to our contacting them and obtaining a full and frank reference report with respect to those or other matters we believe to be relevant to your application for deferred payment terms.
By signing the privacy consent in the Customer Registration & Agreement form:
- I consent to the collection by Royal Wolf of the personal information contained in the Customer Registration & Agreement form and for Royal Wolf to use that information for the purposes outlined above;
- I consent to Royal Wolf using and disclosing the personal information for the purpose of direct marketing;
- I consent to Royal Wolf disclosing information about me to credit reporting bodies including Watson Trade Credit Pty Ltd watsontc.com, Dun & Bradstreet , DBCC Pty Ltd www.dnb.com.au and Dun & Bradstreet (New Zealand) Limited www.dnb.co.nz and their related bodies corporate, including as a result of default by me or my organisation;
- I consent to Royal Wolf disclosing information about me to any person who is a guarantor or who has provided security for my or my organisation’s obligations to Royal Wolf;
- I consent to Royal Wolf disclosing information about me to any person who is considering whether to be a guarantor or whether to provide security for my organisation’s obligations to Royal Wolf;
- I consent to Royal Wolf obtaining from a credit reporting body a credit report containing personal information about me (with respect to both commercial credit and consumer credit supplied to me) for the purposes of:
- assessing my or my organisation’s application to Royal Wolf for a trading account on deferred payment terms;
- collecting payments that are overdue in respect of commercial credit provided by Royal Wolf to me or my organisation; and
- assessing whether to accept a guarantee from me as security for my organisation’s obligations to Royal Wolf;
- I consent to Royal Wolf obtaining personal information about me (with respect to both commercial credit and consumer credit supplied to me) from other credit providers, whose names I have provided to Royal Wolf or that may be named on a credit report for the purposes of assessing my organisation’s application to Royal Wolf for trading account on deferred payment terms.